Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Richard the Lion Heart has left the planet

My dear friend Cathi's dad left the planet at 4:00pm yesterday. Despite a long battle with cancer that stretched back at least 11 years that I know of, his constant quest for a cure and to remain in charge of his life was astounding, no one would wish this disease on anyone, but he dealt with it in a truly leoine style, hence the title of this blog, despite the fact his name was Peter. The planet is a more somber place without his positivity, he was making plans to enjoy the 2012 Olympics despite his physical health, never talking death but all the same preparing and making sure his loved ones will be provided for in the event of it. His daughter is full of his spirit, the greatest gift he could have left, which will see her through this truly heartbreaking time. Good luck my love and I am there for you. And to you Richard the lion heart, don't worry about your youngest, I'll keep my eye on here as you will too from above.

2 comments:

  1. Fitting, actually that your first post of the new year should be for your first mate......

    ReplyDelete
  2. My darling friend. I am sorry. I miss you so much. I wish I could turn back the clock and make you here.

    ReplyDelete